Creating a website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if you all could give me some advice on creating a new website. I'm in the early phases of starting a business, and need some guidance on getting a site up and running. I have very little knowledge of coding, so I'm guessing I either need to purchase templates, or have someone design it for me. However, I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible. I realize most designers are going to charge quite a bit for a custom site, so I'm leaning towards finding a decent template. Would that be a good way to go?
I wasted far too many days figuring out how to get a website up and running until I came across this video course that had the best and simplest videos I had seen on the subject. The stuff wasn't free, but then I had to look at how much all my rambling around with "free" stuff was costing me. Here's the website. Hope it helps you like it did me.

In my opion I would learn the basic scripts like HTML, how to create it. You can use a software called HTML Editor and I use that as a cheat right now. And you can get another software called, PageBreeze HTML editor, you can use them until you get really good at writing scripts. I would learn the basic's of HTML writing scripts, make sure you take notes on it. You might forget some of it. You can use your note pad to make scripts on it. But them softwares will be good to cheat and help you start learning. Good luck. It takes a lot to learn but I know you can do it.

I had contacted him a while ago about this. It's definitely a big project he's looking for... a custom website that would require HTML/CSS/XML/PHP/SQL for sure. I advised him to get some quotes from nearby web development companies, and let's just say they were what you would expect for a large custom web dev.

Very nice guy, and he might still be looking for help with this, as my skills were not enough to fulfill his needs... not sure what he decided to do, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom