Creating a Webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingasis

In Runtime
My friend's parents wants me to build them a web page for a small business his step dad is currently trying to do. And the thing is I haven't created a web page in a while so I was wondering where I should start, HTML scripting isn't a problem really, although I do have to brush up on it a bit... meaning I can read it and understand but can't script it very well without support for my errors...

I would use Dreamweaver, Web Expressions from Microsoft or something like that to be able to help you out so you can see it live while you code it and get help with the errors.

I would recommend Wordpress if his dad is planning on updating the site with news of his small business for customers (and potential customers), which I would definitely recommend. For Wordpress you could either use a pre-made theme or you can use something like a skeleton theme which is built to be easily customizable. I use Base-S E O (minus spaces), which is a really nice blank theme to add your own graphics to and modify the code as you wish. For this you should know CSS as well as HTML and maybe a bit of PHP.

Currently I'm tryin got get into Dreamweaver, reading a book on it. Although the book isn't based on the current version I'm using which is CS3 I believe. Well either way, the parents aren't looking for anything basic, and the website is based on engineering.

I have used Dreamweaver in the past. I personally liked it. It helped out a ton if you mess up on something and can't figure out where the problem occured at.

+1 on Dreamweaver - good for the beginner and the expert. CS3 and CS4 are very similar (at least from a non-expert standpoint); I wouldn't worry about that.

Use Fireworks for the menu's if need be, then use Dreamweaver.. (DL the 30 day trial)

If you can code well go with Split View, so you don't have to keep hitting F12 to preview the page..

Agreed with Dreamweaver. It's what I use, and what I used in my web design class (was either frontpage 03, or I could teach myself Dw...so I chose Dw lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom