creating submit forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
I am trying to create a submit form using frontpage

I have previously created a form with several information to be imputed (name, address, phone...) and when the user clicks on Submit, it redirects him to OUtlook or hotmail or so and he has to sign in with his email address username and password and then, he is redirected to the Compose or create new email page that has all the info he entered..along with my email adress in the "to"

he then has to press submit and i will receive the email

What I WANT TO CREATE IS a similar form in which the user will not have to go through all this email things....
all he has to do is fill in the info and when he clicks SUBMIT, I directly receive the email (he does not need to sign in to his email............) it directly sends it to my email

plz help

Thanx

This one is easy yet hard because you can't "simply" do this without some Perl knowledge on CGI script. You need to understand how to submit information to a server and have the server submit it to your email address. CGI does all this and is actually specifically designed for information transfers from computer to server, hence the name CGI (Common Gateway Interface). I, unfortunately, didn't get too far into CGI so I can't give you the details but I know for a fact that this is how you accomplish what you seek my son.

First thing to note, is that FrontPage (sucks) is not very good at doing real "work".

Either way, yer best bet is to get yourself a parsing script (CGI, PHP, Perl, JS, etc), which can rip everything out of your form and send an email blindly at the point of Submit.

thats good...can you please tell me from where can I get such a thing or what exacly should I search to find it? or do you know any script I can use

thanx again

I'm assuming you have no knowledge of PHP, Perl, JS, or CGI, so the only thing I can say to you is that you need to do some research and work first. A parsing script, while simple to find and usually simple to setup, is not just something you drag-n-drop onto your site. This is coding, well beyond the grip of HTML.

ShoobieRat said:
I'm assuming you have no knowledge of PHP, Perl, JS, or CGI, so the only thing I can say to you is that you need to do some research and work first. A parsing script, while simple to find and usually simple to setup, is not just something you drag-n-drop onto your site. This is coding, well beyond the grip of HTML.

Very true, you may as well forget about personal email systems on your website unless you plan on using the same knowledge professionally for a career or something. Otherwise it just isn't worth the time it takes to learn it. I was going to learn Perl for this same reason because it is an open source programming language that can be used for CGI scripting, which is what I was wanting to learn. I got way in over my head for the purpose I was planning on using it. Just move on :confused:

someone will do it on AIM. SN is LordQuandar, don't know how much he'll charge if he does charge, but ask him and say I sent ya it might get you a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom