Convert or Import mpeg file into a flash movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
I have the latest version of Flash Professional.

Anyone know how to take an mpeg file, (its pretty small) and somehow very easily and simply create a regular flash file, a .swf file?

Pretty much, the mpeg file is done exactly like it needs to be, but I want it to be a flash file... no editing is needed.

THANKS in advance
-Larry

PS. I know very little how to use/design in flash--- know dreamweaver and fireworks like a champ, but not flash :(

well, I figured it out... it is VERY easy. Open new movie, click import and there it is... PRETTY cool!!!

However, the original mpeg file is like 1.7meg, after importing, the swf comes to be 350 kb. Not bad compression, but still to big for quick viewing on a website.

I can optimize the file size a lot smaller, but the quality of the movie sucks :(

I guess I'm going to go with a simple animcated gif?
or just strip out all the "cool" fancy stuff in the flash movie.

you mean 3.5MB? convert the mpeg to quicktime. i think that is a function of quicktime pro. if you use windows media video format (WMA, WMV?) winME, win2k and winXP might support it without downloading a plugin. does it have to be flash or GIF?

well... no.

Flash Pro has functionality that it can convert, compress, etc. a auido file INTO a flash file.

The compression software is pretty code. It took a 1.7 meg audio file and shrunk it down to 330kb file.

Although, for my needs, that was still way to big :)

ohhhh i see Larry. it was not making sense to me why after shrinking it down so much it was still not good enough. actually i have an understanding of basic flash.

i don't even think you need to convert an mp3 to flash with the newer versions. all you have to do is call up the music file inside a flash movie and it will load onto whichever layer you specify.

with your 330KB all you need to do is set mode to streaming instead of event. even a 56k user will be able to view it smoothly. you should not have to make a preloader for the movie.

UHMMMM.... "set mode to streaming"

Flash does something like that?
Wow... that sounds great. Do you have any info on doing that?
Or maybe I should just look into that.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom