Confused with basic website design

Status
Not open for further replies.

simzz

Solid State Member
Hi

Actually i have to make a simple website for my course work. i already have knowledge about html/dhtml(abit) and flash. and i am good in designing websites..

But the problem is when i view my website in different resolution. The whole look get changed and sometimes it also get bit cluttered.

So have you guys got any script or any link to such tutorial so that my website looks same in all resolutions.... I know size gona be different but I am on about alignment etc

Any help will be really appreciated. :)

Cant post you link as its not uploaded on server and i am designing it for personal course work.

I mean suppose i create two tables.. one on left had side to create a list and one on right hand side to create a list.. now when i change the resolution.. one table comes sometimes at the middle of screen.... hope it will help

Basically you need one to align to the left and the other to align to the right? You could possibly make them adjoining and put them in the center.

I am way rusty on web building skills, though.

Cant post you link as its not uploaded on server and i am designing it for personal course work.

I mean suppose i create two tables.. one on left had side to create a list and one on right hand side to create a list.. now when i change the resolution.. one table comes sometimes at the middle of screen.... hope it will help

Don't use tables. Use proper xhtml.

Hey.. if you're knew to HTML webdesign then this site would really useful to you.. A complete tutorial on html.

HTML Examples

Hope its useful for you.. let me know if it was'nt helpful :)

i will try to learn more about xhtml not sure abt this in detail

and @nftecno i am already familiar wid ur given website and its really good.. thankss to all 4 ur help

If you use CSS (instead of tables) and align your elements with that it should work at all resolutions, and if you use standard code (validate your code here: The W3C CSS Validation Service , The W3C Markup Validation Service) then it should also work in all browsers. Tables are considered sloppy practice now days. CSS can do everything tables did and better because it makes the code render more efficiently.

Aside from the suggestions posted here, try using width and/or height attributes with your table tags. That will make the tables retain fixed dimensions and should prevent the behavior you described.

Aside from the suggestions posted here, try using width and/or height attributes with your table tags. That will make the tables retain fixed dimensions and should prevent the behavior you described.

That only sets a minimum size, but tables can't have a static size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom