Competative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you feedback, if thats why you posted here (even though that doesnt seem to be the case).

It looks really slick and professional. The main page and the forums both look really good and clean. It is also a really good idea for a website/forum.

The thing that I didnt like was that there is no off-topic discussion in the forum.

Good luck getting a good member base!:D

Hey, thanks for looking. I guess I may have worded it a bit differently but I am looking for advice and feedback on the site too. Consider the off topic board done, I'll add one as soon as I'm done replying. I added a general board but that is for the image arena and isn't really "off topic". Anyways, thanks for the advice :p

Decent site. I must warn against using frames... its hard for search engines to spider framed sites as well as makes navigation difficult for people that don't use graphical browsers (ie. blind people)

I suggest you validate your website, while there are no real errors per say you are missing some vital information as well as a few minor errors.

http://validator.w3.org

I would also make a gallery. I am not an artist but I love to look at stuff and don't want to wade though forums to see it. My .5 of half a cents worth.

Jinexile, I will definately validate the site, thanks for the advice on the coding and frames as well. Do you know if there is a way around the frame problem? What if you ad some related text to your <noframes> tag? Will search engines be able to index that information? Also, you said I am missing some vital information and that there are some minor coding errors. Could you please be more specific?

daappleby, thanks for your comments, I will add a gallery. Any suggestions on what type? I mean, do you think a forum specifically designed for images only would be a good idea or did you have something in mind?

mac_mogul, thanks for joining! Hopefully we can get some more members to participate and really get some competition. If you know anyone else who does image contests please tell them about the site. Cya. :)

Crazy, you're missing a DOC TYPE... the validator will explain to your what you're missing.

Yes if you put information in the <no frames> will help. There are plenty of ways around the frame problem. CSS can do just about anything you want to do with frames/tables.

Here's an example of what you can do with CSS:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Strict//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta
 content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
 http-equiv="content-type">
  <title>TEST</title>
  <style type="text/css">
<!--
#NavBar{
border:1px solid black;
margin:0px;
}
#MainContent{
border-width:0 1px 1px 1px; /*to make the middle border look like its 1px */
border-style:solid;
height:400px;
margin:0px;
overflow:auto;
}
-->
  </style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="NavBar">This
is
the nav bar</div>
<div id="MainContent">This
is the main content area.

This

This

</div>

</body>
</html>

Copy and paste the "This is the main content area
" a few does times and you will see what I mean

jinexile, thanks for the code, I already have a few ideas I could use that type of formatting for. It should look exactly the same no matter what browser I use because it is CSS right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom