Car Dealer Content Managment System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
I am looking to put up a website for a friend that owns an auto dealer. I would like to use a content management system that is pre build so as not to reinvent the wheel however i need it to get the cars from autotrader.com and cars.com data feeds. any suggestions? i would prefer the software to be open source and free however this is not required.

Well if those sites use RSS, then there are a lot of free classes and stuff for RSS feeds.

Check out Drupal for the CMS, it's very powerful and has a lot of add-ons and a huge mod community.

I agree drupal is a very nice choice, especially for its feed aggregator. Now im not sure if those sites have RSS feeds but if they do you can integrate them directly into your site.

Actually by using the feed aggregator any of their listings on those sites can be fed directly into their site, if thats what your looking to do.

Do you have experience setting up an sql database on your host? If not just send me a message I can write a tutorial. Its really easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom