Can't display site properly in Dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimrob

Solid State Member
I'm new to webdesign. I'm taking over a website built by someone else using ASPvbscript. In dreamweaver's design mode, the site does not look like it does in the browser. I have iis installed on my box, and can save the file and preview in browser, it looks fine this way. However, I would like it to resemble the site while I'm making changes before having to save the file. Anyone know how to do this? Thank you.

I have one other question. Has anyone gone through any webdesign bootcamps? any recomendations on training for a new web developer? I may be able to get my company to pay for it.

dreamweaver isnt really a good newb program. ive used it for several company sites and always used it in coder mode. thats just how it comes out best in my opinion. yes it give you the option to view it in design mode but thats not really how you make a good professional site.

now why its coming out all screwy is cuz like you said, a different program was used to make it. so the view of it is going to look different. your best bet is to make the changes in coders mode and then just keep previewing your changes to make sure they come out to your liking.

just my opinion tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom