buying digital camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Im deciding between the Sony dsc-w5 and minolta x60. Any of you guys here got any word to say about them? Or do you recommend anything else in the 350$ range

For that price range, I recommend the Canon S1 IS. I have been looking at buying this camera for a while and have been reading some reviews on it.

I have also talked to an owner of this camera, and played with it myself. From what I could tell it is quality made, and performed really well.

Highlights include:
10x optical zoom
Image stabilizer
Manual Focus
Flip out LCD display

Check here for a full review. I definitely think this camera is worth consideration.

canon is one of the best ..but what are you going to use this for becouse if you are aiming for something kind pro then go with s2 is
its a great camera

He wants a good movie mode, and I don't think the Canon has an acceptable movie mode for him. He was previously looking at that one too....its a great camera, but he wants to take movies.

I dont see what the problem with the S1's video taking abilities. It has image stabilizer plus the length of the video isnt 30 sec (like a lot of other cameras), its only limited by the mem card.

Of the two you listed, I would go for the Sony. Minolta has gone straight to the toilet in the past few years because they have no clue how to make a good digital camera. :sigh: Sony on the other hand has all of their products in sync with eachother and every sony products does exactly what its designed to do :)

But if you can, get the canon! Canon is by far the best in digital photography!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom