best free web designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rneTightEnd

Solid State Member
I was just wondering what the best downloadable program that i can use to design a website.
thank you for all your help!

:) :)

What are you trying to accomplish?

Marcomedia (Dreamweaver) has 30 day trial on all/most of their products. IMO and many others... the best you can get.

If you like... maybe you qualify for educational version? (about $100)
Or just look on Ebay for an older copy.

Besides, I think Dreamweaver MX but itself is $299???

its worth it
:)

I wouldnt suggest dreamweaver to new webdesigners, but yes it is very much worth the cost.

Dreamwaver by far is the best. Yet not as good as the actual brain. Dreamwaver stores tad bits of code so you dont have to memorize the exact line. So if you were to memorize it you could plainly use notepad and get the same affect!

why is it good then Dreamviewer.........................well i am in pakistan and i am using all these softwares at just 30 ruppes these are all no tregistered and they are free to use........

but i think every wher in the world it is registered and each CD costs 100$ hmmm.

am i right?

Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG program or What you See is What you get. Unlike notepad you can work directly on the website and see an image of it and edit the image itself in dreamweaver to see exactly what it looks like. Dreawmweaver is best used in couple with Fireworks since you can slice and make buttons and stuff in fireworks. So you can make a whole template in PS, slice it and add buttons and stuff in fireworks, export it, than open it in dreamweaver and do all the HTML or any other code u want.

I like Adobe GoLive better than Dreamweaver; but, that is my personal preference.

But I only use these IDE's for the shell of the website. Once I have the layout down, I switch to either notepad or my PHP editor (which is notepad with fancy color coding).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom