Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I am interested in creating Avatars . This there some software that is designed specifically for this purpose?

Also, what are the typical avatar sizes (both image size and file size) that are used on forums. I do understand that they can vary.

There are lots of graphics programs that will make avatars, but I don't know of one the is only for making avatars. I did a search and didn't find one that was specifically for avatars.

There used to be a program that was for making avatars that was merely a screen capture. I don't remember the name. It would allow you to take screen shots and then resize or crop it to avatar size. My HyperSnap DX does that.

Most of the forums that I frequent have an 80x80 pixel size and a max of 19.2 file size. Generally speaking, I think that 80x80 is a very common size allowed. However, I have seen some forums that allow up to 100x100. I saw one that allowed 100x150, but that is rather large compared to most.

Dave :D

Yeah, I have some forum sites with some rather large image sizes.

I am currently working on the following sizes
100 x 100
80 x 80
60 x 60
50 x 50

I am very likely to host thing thing on some free hosting service where it's hot link unfreindly.

Currently i have found that ULEAD GIF ANIMATOR means most of my requirements.

Adobe PS, Macromedia Fireworks, and Macromedia Flash...don't matter which versions...I have my personal preferences but those are what I use for anything concerning graphics...and when I really want to get fancy and make 3D objects then I use Blender. Haven't used it in a long, long time though....haven't felt like getting fancy. ;)

Of course, you know that they're not specifically made for avatars, but they are your best bet. I do not know of any programs specifically made for making avatars...seems like a bit waste of time to me, but ah well. To each their own.

Actually, you can upload an image to imageshack.us and it gives you a link to it as an avatar, along with several other different links to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom