another "what do you think of my sig" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calzinger

Beer
Yes! Another "what do you think of my sig" thread!

Well...what do you think of my signature/avatar?

Refresh the page, the image changes every time you reload it. My alias (Calzinger) and the date are added dynamically to the image so they change as appropriate. I don't change the image at the start of each day; it's all done dynamically!

I could even add the current time to prove it.

The image itself in the sig is part of a much larger wallpaper I made in 3D studio max. If you guys want, I'll post it here as well.

I like it a lot. Thats really cool how you have it change all the time!

You should post that wallpaper....

I've done the really simple objects, like hammers, screws, nails, doorknobs, etc. I've just been concentrating on the material since that gives it that real-life look.

Join my site Calzinger, I like your work and we need some people with skills competing in our 3d image arena. The current contest has my entry in it and I think you should sign up and enter yours. Also, I have a wallpaper in the "Adobe Photoshop Image Arena" thread of the forum as well that I created in 3ds max 6, it is simple like yours but I try to stay away from too many reflections (takes a long time to render). I like creating videos and stuff out of my models so I use textures and materials that render fast. Hope to see you on my site, the link is above my sig. :D

Hate to double post but here is a sig I created using 3ds max 6. The scene is awesome, I added a ship to the scene and created a video as well.

SpaceSig001.jpg

I'm a real amateur though. The stuff I make are just simple ideas with a ton of polish. My ability is all limited to abstract and the very simple basic models (like tools, ie. hammers, bolts, etc.).

But you must admit though, reflections add a whole new dimension of realism. The render time is always worth the wait.

Use that mental ray renderer, much quicker, much sharper than the default scanline.

Well, it wouldn't hurt to enter your wallpaper in the contest would it? Who knows, you might just end up winning. Anyways, amateur or not, a clean looking piece is a clean looking piece, I'd enter it if it were mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom