Am I good at what I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
Hello all, As of now, I have a pretty -simple- designed page. Borrowed the 'idea' from a layout on

Vudoo Soul;; - Website Templates - CreateBlog
I used it here:
Vudoo Soul;;

noticeable differences right away is the use of an iframe, colors and positioning, not to mention the actual 'picture'(also my userid).

What I noticed though are a number of errors in the original css, just a lack of things in the code to make it W3 certified. I have the 'want' to continue and add to the site but not the drive, and looking at the big-big-truck.com website gives me a more formal idea to add headings in the css for different styles throughout the page.

In short, my website is a cleaned version of some css but, I want to make it more, I want it to -fill- the page. Also, I get into arguements with my friend(attending ecpi for webdesign) that iframes are 'obsolete' , is it a matter of personal preference? Thanks!

the big big truck website uses tables, not iframes. that looks clean and is probaly easier to manage.

Yes, iframes are obsolete. I personally HATE iframes. Use tables and/or divs.

SEE thats what I'am getting alot about the use of iframes, the only reason i feel they are good for me is that i can edit one part of the page instead of editing the page several times and create a kind of 'seemless' design between page loads. Do DIVs work the same way and are they better? And I plan to use tables to create a better layout on my gallery and the rest of the page wherever there is content, I personally fell in love with tables a few weeks ago, they seem to have a nice format that I can really relate to. I checked W3 schools for some help and it's flying over my head right now.

I would not use tables.. especially since you haven't learned them yet. DIVs do not create the kind of 'seamless' design you like with the iframes but they are a whole lot simpler then tables and make your code amazingly clean and easy to change your content.

And as said, iframes are mucho bad.

I suppose that's the plight of my design, the iframe creates a workspace for the rest of the website can be browsed through while maintaining the left hand side 'menu'. I may go with a different design altogether, one that will actually 'fill' the page this time instead of using frames. I really haven't had a problem with frames, within the page, i set the width and height, then i target each link to open within that said width and height. Then i use a table span to set the width and height to the things on the document, which is probably getting into very sloppy very tedious amounts of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom