Adobe Techniques

New Old Photo

This is a semi-simple process that can turn any new photo into a glorious old photo :)

-Select your photo (anything will do)
-Goto 'layers' in the menu bar, and select, "add adjustment layer" and select "hue/saturation"
-Click ok
-When the 'hue/sat.' dialogue pops up, select the 'colorize' checkbox and for a sepia tone look, move the hue slider to around 30-40. Then adjust the other sliders to your liking
-Click ok when done

Now you have a hue/saturation adjustment layer. To add the following photo effects, you must have your original photo layer slected.

To add film grain
-Have your original photo layer selected
-Goto 'filter' then to 'noise' then to 'add noise'
-Set noise level to 5
-Set noise style to guassian
-If noise is set to 'monochromatic' deselect

To darken the photo edges
-Make sure your original photo layer is selected.
-Get your Burn tool from the toolbar
-set your brush size to a huge size that is big enough to cover one of the photo's corners
-Apply burn effect as wanted
*Be careful not to over do it. When you burn a photo, you lose valuable data.

To add photo border
-Make sure your original photo layer is selected (I can't even begin to tell you how extremely important this step is!:))
-Get your rectangular selection tool from the tool bar
-Select the part of the photo you do NOT want the frame to show up on
-Right click or control click (depending on your OS) and select "Select Inverse" from the drop down list.
-Then make sure your background color is set to a very white yellow-ish color
-Goto 'edit' 'fill' 'fill with background color' and click 'ok'
-DO NOT DESELECT YOUR SELECTION AREA!
-Use the burn tool again to create a consistency with the photo and the frame.

Final touches
If you want to (and I did) you can add some more photo effects to your photo. You can add film scratches among other things by just using the correct paintbrush arrangement :)

I used to have the pic files, but the server move lost them. I'll see if I can find them on my HD...:eek:

Well here's one of mine
Its a grunge one for all of you that dont like to use brushes(works best with circles)

Spatter - Spray Radius 24
Smoothness 5

Glass - Distortion 5
Smoothness 3
Texture Frosted
Scaling 100%
No Invert

Noise - Amount 11.68%
Distribution Uniform
Monochromatic

there you have it very small and simple

Turning iTunes Visuals into stunning desktops!

While some people are content to take a screen grab in the 640x480 world of the fullscreen iTunes Visualizer, I choose this:

Set your monitor resolution to 1024x768 (this is a standard size these days)
-Open iTunes
-Start a song
-Goto 'visualizer' deselect 'fullscreen'
-Resize your iTunes window to it's Maximum size.
-then activate the visualizer.
-Press 'M' until 'Freeze current' appears.
-Use the 'q' 'w' 'a' 's' 'z' 'x' keys to choose your favorite visualizer arrangement.
-press space bar to pause.

The visualizer should come to a halt on the current setting (note: DO NOT PRESS ANY OF THE ARRANGEMENT KEYS AFTER YOU HAVE PAUSED THE MUSIC, if you do so, the current display will be lost and you will have one heck of a time getting the exact same thing back.)

Now, take a screen picture.

Open it in photoshop
-Crop an area within the visualizer that is 1024px by 768px.
(this is where you can get creative)
Choose a motion/radial Blur filter, I prefer the 'Zoom' filter, but it's up to you.
You can also adjust color/levels from here.

Now you should have a colorful, High resolution picture worthy of being used as a desktop background :)

if you want to create a straight line take your brush and use CTRL or ALT and you can do a straight line depending on the version of Photohop you're usigng

Yes it here now...

This is done with Photoshop 7 in seven days. Physics is not good but still its well try by me.

I will tell you about this and about other stunning pics too but wait coz my senior school boards are approaching. Till then tax your mind and think about how I did it. Keep guessing. I have used just one raw image taken from my old webcam. That's why the edges of my hand are jagged. Pray wait for sometime. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom