Adobe Techniques

mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
This would be a nice place to post any type of technique or shortcut used in Adobe graphics programs i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, ImageReady, InDesign, and any other adobe prog.

Here's a neat Photoshop trick used to make a sort of "cave wall' effect.

-Open a new document preferably NOT high res. (a setting of 72 will do just fine)
-Make sure your color pallet is set to black and white
-Go to 'filters'-'render'-'clouds'
-Then go to 'filters'-'noise'-'add noise'STOP-- Set noise amount to '3' and make sure it is set to 'gaussian' and click 'ok'
-Now go to your 'channels' pallet-'create new channel-"Alpha 1"'-and do the "clouds" and "noise" process again.
-Once that is finished, select your "layer 1" from the layers pallet
-Go to "filters'-'render'-'lighting effects'STOP-- set intensity to...
-30 for matte look
-50 for semi glossy look
-higher than 50 for mettalic look
-Move light source to desired location
-Then select 'Alpha 1' down at the bottom of the lighting effects dialoge box. Make sure 'white is high' is selected. Then move the cursor to 'mountainous' Click 'ok'
-Now create a new layer. Set new layer to 'color' and fill with a dark green or almost black blue.
You can adjust opacity and filter as desired.

This should now look like a slimy cave wall :)

I'll have more tips and stuff later! :cool:

Good idea Mac.

If any of you aspiring artists out there have am Adobe Trick or Technique that you would like to share post it here in this thread.

i am pretty sure you can't do that in illustrator or imageready. pictures are a must with graphics tutorials it helps clear things up and users can see the finished results.

I like everything but the "green slime" effect. I think a sort of stone colour would be better...

nice

I have a simple little trick for Desktop pitures

create a blank picture that is the same size as your resolution

use the cloud filter to apply your two favorite colors

and save a JPG file and set it as you desktop pict.

its really simple and I think it makes a great desktop pict.

some PSP basic shortcuts

Ctrl+T - transform
Ctrl+C - copy :)
Ctrl+V - paste :)
Ctrl+Z - undo :)
etc...
to move object use
Shift <- (or ->) - moves objet faster
Ctrl <- (or ->) - moves objects really slow (really good for working with lines etc)

For PSP tehniqes i recomend going to the library :)

eyecandy is a cool addon feature for adobe photoshop-lets you cheat quite a bit with filters, theres a new version out ;o)

Attachments

• 516b0003.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 932
well i had used Adobe 's related all programs and i think they are all perfect......and the adobe photoshop is the best of all....
i think adobe is the favorite to all ....because it is easy to work in...and the Designing is easy to do in it...

Back
Top Bottom