adobe buys macromedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good and bad I guess.... But now there is so little competition for 2d design w/ those two gone and turned into one. Paint shop pro can't even touch photoshop and illustrator and freehand/flash mx are the three best and well known vector programs out on the market. They also have 2d animation locked down with Flash and ImageReady (Although Ulead Gif Animator is nice). They also have the two best web applications on the market.

The nice thing is the adobe PSD algorithm will be placed into and will be fully compatible w/ Flash, probabaly, which is going to be a great feature for those who enjoy doing design in photoshop/illustrator then importing to flash. Same with the web apps.

What sucks - This is going to lead to a decrease in overall competition (even though photoshop has almost neared perfection and has little competition on the market) and decrease in new releases for things. The reason being is that without someone pressing at the others back to make another program that is bigger and better then the others they can sit back and relax.

i always thought macromedia was a huge company and would never see them selling.

they really haven't been out that long and are still growing it seemed like.

i guess everyone has a price.

someone is moving to florida and kicking back :)

oh you know it.

your gonna need to sell your car to buy this stuff.

i hope someone can jump in and compete with them.

lol first time visiting this section haha.

Thats crazy though, I cant believe that's gonna happen. Can't say I saw that happening.

Maybe the next photoshop will be better than this CS crap.....ever since 7 I've hated PS because of their damn windows XP gel buttons hippie look........yeah sorry I'm ranting about one program that'll probably not even change haha, sorry just had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom