45 Outstanding Free Vintage Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
45 Outstanding Free Vintage Fonts Noupe

In his famous 1908 essay, ‘Ornament and Crime,' modern architect Adolf Loos wrote: “The evolution of culture marches with the elimination of ornament from useful objects.” This pronouncement banished many of the frilly, decorative fonts of centuries past from the realm of High Design. Fast forward to the present day: Web 3.0 is awash in enough sleek sans serif and classic roman typefaces to make designers long for the typographic indulgences of yesteryear.

Harness the power of the antique and make your graphics pop with one of these vintage-inspired fonts, which have returned to the spotlight both in print and online. From the Wild West and Victoriana to the Avant Garde and Calligraphy, there are plenty of styles to choose from. Fonts have been grouped informally, with contemporary interpretations alongside (almost) original prototypes. All are available free for personal use, but please make sure to read the license agreements carefully.

Web typography seems to be extremely underrated... and a nice unique font can work wonders.

Download, then move them into your Fonts folder in your Control Panel. Then they will show up in any of your programs that have font lists.

Download, then move them into your Fonts folder in your Control Panel. Then they will show up in any of your programs that have font lists.

Thank you !

Where do I find the control panel folder? I just loked on C but could not find any folder that had a fonts folder?

Edit: I foind a fonts folder in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
But the system gave me a warning saying the folders are not displayed since changing or modifying thme could damage the system or lead to instability. Is this the right folder though?

Yep. They just protect the entire c:\windows folder with that warning to cover their butts.

No problem copying new fonts into the font folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom