3DS Max 6 Newbi Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybeans

In Runtime
Hello everyone. My question concerns the use of 3DS Max 6 and a problem I am experiencing when viewing my models. The problem is in the perspective viewport when I pan and rotate my 3d model. When I first installed the software the model would stay textured and lighted while panning and moved. I downloaded a model someone else made in 1999 and it changed my settings. Now when I pan and rotate my items the perspective viewport changes to wireframe and boxes the model until I let up on the mouse. I have a very capable system so I know this isn't a problem with the PC. I am pretty certain it regards a setting change. If anyone can help me figure out what setting does this I will be in your debt. Thanks in advance.

Ok, update, I figured out what the problem is. There was an older option to disable shadow and texture rendering while panning and rotating objects in older versions of 3DS Max. When a file is saved (or a model scene) it also saves the current settings used for the making of that file. When I opened the model from 1999 it set my options to what the person who made the model used that year. This was a time when computers were not as fast and couldn't render the visual objects very fast so he must have had it disabled. Anyways, to the point, there should be the same option in 3DS Max 6 but I am having a heck of a time finding it. I don't even know what it is called but it had a wireframe box icon in older versions of 3DS Max (like version 4). Anyone know where this option is in newer versions of the software?

Well, I take it there are not too many 3ds Max users on Tech Forums... Anyways, I figured it out on my own. The configuration is called Adaptive Degradation and the button I couldn't find in version 6 that was in version 4 is called the Adaptive Degradation Toggle. I'm just glad I got this thing working again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom