Zen OS X Comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroCool

Baseband Member
"Without anybody launching into a diatribe about why I should buy an ipod mini rather than a zen micro could you tell me what kind of compatibility I can expect between OSX and the zen micro I've ordered. I know creative say OSX isn't supported but I was hoping that that might simply refer to the software and I'll be able to put music on to my player through my ibook. Any help much appreciated, thanks! "

Well you have two possible scenarios:
1) OSX recognizes it as an external storage drive. Drag the song files into that and hope that it plays them.
2) OSX doesnt recognize the disk (itll say how it has no volumes OSX can read), in which case youre kind of out of luck.

waynejkruse10 said:
there could be third party software for mac os to let it run.

While logical, the odds are not in his favor for there being one, unfortunately. Not to say its not worth looking for, just the odds of finding something that works and works well will be a challenge.

I did a search on Version Tracker (the most comprehensive online program listing I know of) and I found nothing...

Not to say it doesnt exist but a program will be significantly harder to find if its not on version tracker.

good point, you could ask a programmer friend to help you out, realbasic and macintosh work hand in hand.

There's always virtual PC....but it slows down your comp. Yes...there are 3rd party software stuff for you Zen out there. I don't think Zen goes w/ the drag and drop feature though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom