Worth getting a Mac just for the hardware? (Not planning on using Mac OS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPatel304

Beta member
I'm thinking about getting a Macbook because the build quality seems extremely solid and I like the look and feel of the screen, keyboard, and mouse. But the majority of my programs I run are windows based and, for my situation, it would be much easier to stick with Windows 7.

I'm wondering if its smart to get a Macbook just for the hardware and not the OS. Or would it be wiser to just get a comparable PC Laptop as there are more options and they seem slightly cheaper.

I would go for comparable PC laptop, I cant justify spending all that money on something that does the job you want for cheaper and just as good. But thats just me, tell us the route you decide to go when you decide.

For the same price you can get a more powerful PC, but if you like the looks/screen/mouse/keyboard in my opinion Mac does it better than any.

I'm failing to see the point. It's just a computer. Why pay premium price for their hardware without the OS, which is where they make their money?

If you want a Mac, get a Mac and dual boot. A Mac with Windows-only doesn't make much sense. Otherwise allocate the money towards a different laptop.

If it were up to me. I would get a macbook. I have one right beside me on my desk and it has been very good to me for 6 years now. No problems, it's maxed out with 4gb of RAM and it screams. Yes you can use windows applications on it with dual boot options or windows client programs that you can run while youre on mac.

Macbooks are good quality. I would recommend getting one. It is a head turner and you CAN upgrade them.

If you want build quality get a thinkpad their is only one type of laptop out their that can beat them and they are the Panasonic Toughbooks that are designed for military use.

I would get mac and still use mac OS systme because using windows OS will still cause you some problems but if you know how to maintain those problems than get a pc laptop

w1Naz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom