workgroup manager crashes - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Apple and Mac
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Exclamation workgroup manager crashes

I inherited an iMac running OSX server 10.4. It is allegedly not going to be used for what it once was being used for so I am trying to set it up for another purpose without destroying the original purpose (just in case). I opened the Workgroup Manager and added new user and started filling in the boxes of information and working across the tabs. When I got to home, I realized I wanted a different folder location that what the other network logon had been using. So I created the folder and then went back into Workgroup Manager and tried to add the new location as home. I believe it was at that point that Workgroup manager first crashed. Now no matter what user account I try to view the minute I click on the home tab it briefly starts thinking and then shuts down workgroup manager. I have rebooted, rebooted into safe mode, rebooted into a different admin account, repaired disc permissions using disk utility in safe mode, nothing. The other thing I noticed is that I removed the user I had created after I started getting all of the crashes and have even deleted the folder that I had created for the home location. If I go to system pref's and look at user accounts that user is not there. But, if I click on sharing from within the workgroup manager window, there is folder with the user name I had crated and if you click on it, you will see a list of system folders just like every other user account has.

I am at a loss and am not super familiar with osx server.
Closed Thread