Wireless card for mac mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josuem

Baseband Member
Hey all, quick question.

Just made my move over to Apple by purchasing a Mac Mini 1.25Ghz, though I opted out of the wireless option. Could anyone tell me if the Airport Exteme card (or any other? Maybe a Generic Wireless USB Dongle?) would work in it?I'm sure it does, but I'm not totally sure. This is a huge necessity for me and links up to another question.

Currently, I'm using a US Robotics 802.11G Wireless Router to access the net, via my laptop, if and when I get the abovementioned wireless card for the mini, will I be able to connect to the router and access the internet right off the bat? or will it require a bit of finagling?

Any info ya'll have on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Yeah, that's what I figured. So, is there any reason why I would want the airport card (more expensive) over a comparable USB one?

Because you have no chance of getting something with a brodcom chipset and ending up with a paperweight.

(Brodcom based ones won't work)

Im pretty sure that the only option for the Mac mini thats internal is its own wireless card option (it has its own separate kit). Aside from that, any OSX compatable USB wireless card should work.

Grayfox said:
Nope they won't release drivers for any unix(OS X is unix based) or linux.

That may be so, but ndiswrapper works spectacularly well on every Linux system I've tried it on. I know it's a workaround, but it's a darn good one. But this is getting a bit offtopic...

I will not use a workaround !

You say it accuraly works well 0_o (Becomes slightly intrested)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom