Windows or Mac on my MPB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavalog

Solid State Member
I have already posted something simmilar in the Windows forum- and am leaning heavily towards Windows. But should I use Windows or Mac on my MacBook Pro (I like to be a one-OS guy).

Please respond ASAP!

Mac OS X for sure, Windows is only useful for games that aren't out for Mac, 'course I have a desktop for that so maybe my view on it is scewed.

What do you use computers for mainly? That will help in making a decision.

Well- here is what I use computers for:

1. Web/graphic design
2. PHP programming
3. World of Warcraft, but I have gotten into some other Windows only games recently
4. Intensive web browsing (i.e. 20+ tabs open at a time)
5. Email
6. Media, media, media! I love music and movies!

That's about it, any advice?

Okay... But the thing is- virtualization won't work, because I would want to run games under Windows. You know, this is just something I should figure out for myself...

omg, just put Windows on it for games and use Mac OS X for everything else. Also, there ARE games for Mac, http://www.apple.com/games/

Are you really going to take the hassle of Windows over the awesomeness of Mac OS X, just because you want games and want to be a one-OS guy? That's ridiculous.

1. You must have hole in head to even CONSIDER only running Windows on a Mac. BECAUSE IT'S A MAC!!!

2. Running only Windows on it would be nearly impossible anyways, and if you screw up, there's a chance you won't be running ANYTHING AT ALL until the techs at the Apple Store are able to replace it for you. And the way you'll have to severly screw with it may NOT be covered by warranty, so if they refuse, you're up the creek.

You will be very suprised to see how much work is needed to get that to only boot windows.

edit: Btw wow has a osx version.

I feel like the same questions are asked time and time again. Before asking such a general question, in order to avoid repitition, please just use the search feature. Hence the purpose of having such a grand feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom