Windows 7 on my MacBook pro 15" ?

Chapzor

Beta member
Hello,

I recently got a new Macbook pro for college.
I want to use Bootcamp to get windows 7 besides OS X.
I know many people do this. Now my question is: Will my macbook run smoothly on OS X if i get windows 7 installed on it too?

I use OS X for media (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Adobe Flash, After Effects........)

Specs 15" Macbook Pro:

2,3 GHz Intel Core i7,
4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB

Version: OS X 10.8.4

Thanks in advance.

Using Bootcamp you should have no problems running Windows 7. Bootcamp allows you to run only one OS at a time. You select which one you want when you turn on your MacBook and all your system resources get allocated to that OS. If you want to switch back to OSX you must shut down and reboot into it.

If you want to run both OS's side by side then use Parallels/VM Fusion/VirtualBox (VirtualBox is free). These allow you to allocate a certain amount of system resources to Windows and you can then switch to it while using OSX like it is an app (really handy). That's what I do with my 13" Pro and it works great.

If you've any more question fire away!

Using Bootcamp you should have no problems running Windows 7. Bootcamp allows you to run only one OS at a time. You select which one you want when you turn on your MacBook and all your system resources get allocated to that OS. If you want to switch back to OSX you must shut down and reboot into it.

If you want to run both OS's side by side then use Parallels/VM Fusion/VirtualBox (VirtualBox is free). These allow you to allocate a certain amount of system resources to Windows and you can then switch to it while using OSX like it is an app (really handy). That's what I do with my 13" Pro and it works great.

If you've any more question fire away!

Thanks a lot for your answer!
OSX is just what I need for college. At home or at a different place I prefer using windows, so I think using Bootcamp would be a great choice for me.

No problem! If you found it helpful please hit the thanks button to the left :) Windows runs great on most Macs, you'll love it!

Back
Top Bottom