Will you buy an iPad?

Will you buy an iPad?

• Yes, release day or soon thereafter.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, eventually.

• Undecided

• Not for a long, long while (Rev2, 3, 4, etc)

• No, not considering it at all.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Best Buy this morning to pick one up.. For all the negative hype, they sure sold out fast. I got there ten minutes after the store opened, too :tongue:

Went to Best Buy this morning to pick one up.. For all the negative hype, they sure sold out fast. I got there ten minutes after the store opened, too :tongue:

EH i'm sure if apple gift wrapped a piece of crap and sold it as the iTurd people would still pay hundreds for it just to say they own another apple product

I may get one after they release a new generation because the iPad would work way better then a netbook would for me. But I have a lot of stuff I need to get before I get an iPad.

only reasons i would get one are:
1)had lots of money to spend on random crap
2)still had my laptop
3)never needed to do anything productive on it, and only need to do very very casual web surfing, email writing, and movie watching.

Other then that, the multi tasking is what kills it for me. if it had that i would consider buying one.

they are bad because the facts say so.

-no multitasking
-phone OS
-no 3G unless you buy an expensive add on (or buy the higher costing models)
-it's an overgrown iTouch
-apps are going to cost $2.99/each instead of $0.99
-it does nothing a netbook can do besides surf the web (at least net books you can type documents on the go)
-they are big so no putting in pocket
-huge screen that doesn't get covered when you fold it over(netbook) ..say hello to scratches on the screen
-there is no icons or OS to it..it's a screen with apps

Am I saying it's a horrible idea? No. It's a pretty good one. But giving it a phone OS instead of OS X is suicide. It's a bigger iTouch, that's all it is.

If I do decide to get a tablet I will be looking for something cheaper. 16gb at 500$ is quite steep for what you get. I'm either going to get some sort of tablet device or a netbook. Maybe an hp slate since they support flash which is one of my biggest gripes about the ipad the other gripe being a very bad price to storage and functionality comparison.

One thing I noticed about the ipad is that with its 9.7 inch screen it seems bigger than a netbook screen which on average is 10.1 inch. However I have never seen an ipad in person.

The iPad gives me what I want in a tablet. I'm one of the people Apple markets to. :tongue:

I might find some thing like that useful for work so I can store service manuals. However i would really like to have a look at one of those units first and check out the functionality first before I start making a purchase on one.

They had them on display at Best Buy when I went there. Or at least they were trying to. The displays were set out (stand and security locking device) but the iPads were missing :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom