Will you buy an iPad?

Will you buy an iPad?

• Yes, release day or soon thereafter.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, eventually.

• Undecided

• Not for a long, long while (Rev2, 3, 4, etc)

• No, not considering it at all.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
Just as the title says. Vote. I don't want any flaming! Just vote and tell us your answer if you want. Thanks :)

I'm thinking of selling my Samsung R610 laptop and Windows 7 to fund an iPad!

I realise that some of you might be thinking that this is a silly idea. Especially considering that my laptop has a 16 inch HD display with a blue ray drive, 4gb of ram and a graphics card that can run more graphics intensive games than the iPad...and of course the operating system doesn't limit me to iStores.

However, I haven't run a game that requires 4GB of RAM, and I'm running a 32 bit environment anyway. I've never used the blue ray drive. The HDMI out port is video out only (no sound). So connecting the laptop to a HDTV results in headphone quality sound. The games I actually play these days are old classics. The laptop isn't heavy but it won't be as comfy as the iPad (on the sofa), and the laptop gets really hot on my lap. The mouse pad on my laptop is good to use, but isn't as good as the iPad. And finally, taking the laptop to a coffee shop is not difficult i.e. isn't that heavy and I don't mind plugging it in, but the iPad would be more convenient.

My laptop is my only 'computer' in the house at the moment. But I intend to get a desktop in about 6 months. I think during that time I will continue to use a laptop (or iPad) for email, browsing the net (and forums), simple games, and google maps (and other cool apps).

Of course, everyone wants a monster rig in the house. That day will come.

Nope, doesn't do anything my netbook can't (and can't do anything my netbook can), and all for twice the price.

Not that I'm saying there aren't people who the iPad will be perfect for - mostly the average consumer - since they prefer ease of use rather than good specs and features like us techy people do.

I just find the whole thing to be kinda sketchy. Just on yahoo there was an article about a guy that bought the $899 Ipad and ended up spending $300 more just on some little accessories to go with it.

Add in the fact that the lowest cost one ($499) has to have some $150 part in order to use 3G.

I think apple made them kinda cheap(not really cheap comparing you can get things for cheaper that do the exact same) just because you have to spend a ton more just to get them to work.

And I'm not meaning to flame, just pointing out facts, it's just an Ipod touch / iPhone hybrid that's been super sized. That's it..just a few bells and whistles added from each and made bigger.

Then take into effect it's using a phone OS. Tablets are suppose to use a down sized computer OS, not an up scaled phone OS. Which is the the final nail in the coffin for me. If this thing used a down scaled version of OS X I bet this thing would do 100x better on the market.

Heck no. I already have a netbook that can do 10x as much as an iPad.

And I'm not meaning to flame, just pointing out facts, it's just an Ipod touch / iPhone hybrid that's been super sized. That's it..just a few bells and whistles added from each and made bigger.

Exactly. Even the mobo in the iPad looks like it was re used from a phone.

Maybe. Depending on what changes later releases will incorporate. Right now I see absolutely no reason to get one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom