Will you buy an iPad?

Will you buy an iPad?

• Yes, release day or soon thereafter.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, eventually.

• Undecided

• Not for a long, long while (Rev2, 3, 4, etc)

• No, not considering it at all.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apples laptops are a little high in price, however when you compare a MacBook to a Dell laptop that has the same specs (13.3 inch, 4.7 pounds, 7 hours battery life, DDR3 memory) they are very close to the same price.

That's funny. My dad just got a Dell laptop... Core i3, 4gb DDR3 RAM, 320gb SATA HDD, Nvidia graphics card, 9 cell battery, wireless mouse and laptop bag for $640.00.

MacBook on Apple's site customized as follows:
Core 2 Duo
4gb DDR3 RAM
320gb SATA HDD
(All other features were selected as zero additional cost)
------------------------

But it's okay. They offer free shipping.

If that's true then lets compare a HP Envy 15 to a Macbook Pro 15

I said MacBook, not MacBook Pro.

The MacBook pro is outdated but it's going to be updated very soon.

That's funny. My dad just got a Dell laptop... Core i3, 4gb DDR3 RAM, 320gb SATA HDD, Nvidia graphics card, 9 cell battery, wireless mouse and laptop bag for $640.00.

MacBook on Apple's site customized as follows:
Core 2 Duo
4gb DDR3 RAM
320gb SATA HDD
(All other features were selected as zero additional cost)
------------------------

But it's okay. They offer free shipping.

And what is the size of that laptop?

How big is that laptop? Most 9 cell battery laptops are much bigger then 13.3 inches and weigh more then 4.7 pounds, and if you can't compare a 15 or 17 inch laptop with one that's 13 inches.

@ Jayce: Your not taking into account the cost of the software

I didn't choose any additional software, so I guess whatever software that comes packaged with the Macbook warrants its priced being doubled. eh?

How big is that laptop? Most 9 cell battery laptops are much bigger then 13.3 inches and weigh more then 4.7 pounds, and if you can't compare a 15 or 17 inch laptop with one that's 13 inches.

I know. His laptop was a 15 inch @ 16:9. I'm just throwing out there some comparisons. 13.3 inch, 15 inch, I know it would still factor in a price difference from what I posted above. But I'm sorry - the price for Apple's MacBook is still obscenely high. I just don't see how it can be justified. But that's just my 2 cents.

LOLOLOL WUT:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-20001997-52.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

I agree that Apple's prices are to high. I prefer Apple's laptops over other brands buts that's my opinion.

I agree that Apple's prices are to high. I prefer Apple's laptops over other brands buts that's my opinion.

The question is why? Your allowed your own opinion, but when you start trying to persuade other people you need good reasons. This is something that i think many tech Forums users are forgetting.

Apple's equipment is, will be and always has been overpriced. Steve Wozniak admitted in an interview on the History channel that they shoot for a 75% profit margin on their products. 75%! If they were anybody else they couldn't get away with that. Apple survives with their over priced products by created an entire culture around them. Dell just sells pcs, Microsoft just makes an Operating system. What you do with them they really don't care. Apple on the other hand gears their products towards some imagined artsy crowd that somehow thinks they are better because they buy Apple products. The existence of said sub culture us debatable, but a lot of people think they do or want to fit into said demographic. it's not just a product with them, it's a message. Many of the mac users I know act as if they have been indoctrinated into some cult. wtf.

As for the iPod being the best mp3 player, that's just simply not right. M<y last mp3 player was a sansa fuze. It cost less, was better built, had more features and more memory than the nano when I bought it. My current player is a Samsung P3, it is an 8gb touch screen player. I paid $150 for it. it has an all metal case, something the iPod doesn't have, flash support, support for every major audio and video format, and a longer battery life. And since it's a samsung, the screen is awesome. I have owned 3 iPods btw, so I can compare.

The reason why I like MacBooks so much is the internal design. I've worked on HP and Compaq laptops where you have to remove 50 screws to take the top case of a laptop off and those were tricky. I've worked on iBook G3/G4's and they were fairly tricky to work on but recently I've had the chance to work on MacBooks (pre unibody) and the design is much simpler then the HP/Compaq laptops I've worked on.

I also like things like the mag safe power adapter, and two finger scrolling both of which I find to be very nice.

The only Apple products I like are their laptops and iPods. The iMac has a cool design (internal and external) but you can't upgrade it. The Mac Pro is upgradeable but it is extremely expensive. The Mac Mini is the only Mac desktop I would consider buying but that would only be for web browsing, music, typing documents etc and the fact that it wont use more then 110 watts of power. The iPad is neat but I think it would be a lot better if it was priced around $300 rather then $500.

I like some Apple products others I think are dumb. The iMac may be perfect for some people but I wouldn't like it. It's all a matter of preference.

The reason why I like MacBooks so much is the internal design. I've worked on HP and Compaq laptops where you have to remove 50 screws to take the top case of a laptop off and those were tricky. I've worked on iBook G3/G4's and they were fairly tricky to work on but recently I've had the chance to work on MacBooks (pre unibody) and the design is much simpler then the HP/Compaq laptops I've worked on.

I also like things like the mag safe power adapter, and two finger scrolling both of which I find to be very nice.

The only Apple products I like are their laptops and iPods. The iMac has a cool design (internal and external) but you can't upgrade it. The Mac Pro is upgradeable but it is extremely expensive. The Mac Mini is the only Mac desktop I would consider buying but that would only be for web browsing, music, typing documents etc and the fact that it wont use more then 110 watts of power. The iPad is neat but I think it would be a lot better if it was priced around $300 rather then $500.

I like some Apple products others I think are dumb. The iMac may be perfect for some people but I wouldn't like it. It's all a matter of preference.

I don't recommend HP/Compaq myself as they generally suck. I don't consider them to be representative of the greater mobile pc landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom