Why it's called the MacBook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein1jo

In Runtime
I thought I should share since nobody seems to know and keep making fun of it. With the change to Intel Mac wanted to emphasize that they are still Macs. PC manufacturers get a discount for putting the Intel Inside stickers on their PC's. Nowhere on a Mac will you see any indication that there is an Intel inside. Apple declined this cause they want people to recognize their product as a Mac still. Hence every Mac product released with an Intel inside will have the word Mac in it.

Ummmm...OK. But that doesn't address the issue at all about why they didn't call it something like the "Powerbook Pro".

Also, I would certainly hope that Mac buyers know that they are buying a Mac. If not, they probably shouldn't be buying a computer at all.

Yes it does. It's not PowerBook Pro cause they wanted the Mac name in it. As I said every Mac product with Intel will have the name Mac in it now. MacBook Pro, iMac, etc... That way when you hear the name you'll hear Mac to reinforce the idea that regardless of using a PC chip, it's still a Mac

macdude425 said:
Ummmm...OK. But that doesn't address the issue at all about why they didn't call it something like the "Powerbook Pro".

Also, I would certainly hope that Mac buyers know that they are buying a Mac. If not, they
probably shouldn't be buying a computer at all.

I don't mean to sound rude, but that really didn't respond to the first post, he said the name is so that Mac is in the name predominantly, so by calling it Powerbook Pro, whilst making not much sense it also doesn't show off the fact that its a mac...

I hope that makes sense...

Charlie -

That's what I was thinking. If the PowerBook = MacBook Pro and iMac is still the iMac, I could see the PowerPC = PowerMac and the iBook = MacBook with Pro being the distinction between the base and upper end models. That part I don't know though, just speculate on.

The desktop macs stay the same, but only the laptops change, (well, desktops obviously have no G5 after them......)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom