Why the hard price??

Status
Not open for further replies.
but if i buy used on ebay, wont the battery be used and it wont last?? plus wat if someone really messed it up, i dont really trust ebay...but ill look into it, but im willing to buy parts liek ram, and hard drive... but im not sure can i buy processors for apple laptops??? but my point is im willing to buy a new not top of the line apple and buy new hardware....

mac_mogul said:
Incorrect statement. Apple does not support Microsoft Windows in any way. They allow the user to install Windows if the user wishes to, but it is not officially reccomended. ;)

Also, he is referring to an iBook, probably 12" since he mentioned such a low price. iBook's aren't Intellified as of yet, so it only supports OS X.

Seeing as Apple released the "program", and it only allows Windows XP SP2 to be installed, they' basically support it ... they don't want to encourage it for obvious reasons, but I think you get my point.

Also, I was talking about mac's in general, not just that one. Because honestly, any G4 iBook is going to look very old in two months when the Intel iBooks are released.

So if your going to buy an iBook, wait for June. There will be a $999-$1299 priced model that will perform great, and can dual-boot if needed.

but see i need a new PC asap, this one is DEAD, it can burlly load the desktop, i cant disc clean it it wont load up, i cant reinstall windows cuz my cd and dvd roms arnt even in the my computer folder and when i try to boot from CD (when windos is starting up) it just heats my CD up and gives it scratches, and my whole windows is in SPANISH..... how could this happen???? i turn it on oneday and its talking to me in latin.....o_O????

see i dont want a desktop i travle alot... so im looking for something tht will not talk to me in spanish out of the blues and a laptop tht i can just count on... and i was told apple can do the job

If you want a computer that you can depend on and work on effectively and efficiently, forget about how much it costs and just buy the Macintosh.
If you want a computer that is dirt-cheap and will probably work OK for the most part, buy another PC.

[/fanboyism] :rolleyes:

lol yea thats true you, you get what u pay for..... so i guess i better hurry up adn save up for teh mac.

Macs are expensive because they have low competition. People who work at a place that use mostly PCs will buy a pc and people who work with apples (most commonly school) will buy a mac. This mainly because of how much more compatible the os's are with each other. Thus apple can continue to thrive because people are forced to work with them or people are willing to pay the extra money for a cleaner os and free software.

A bad thing about apple is how poorly compatible they are with pcs, which are much more common than macs. They also require special software that only work with apple. Therefore using a program you purchased for your pc is not going to work with your apple. For example, you can't get Adobe Premiere PC disk onto a mac unless you get the new intel macs with boot camp, or virtual pc.

Nice things people have noted about apple would include the cleaner os and it's reliabilty. Apples also look very appealing, at least to me, and give off a professional look. They have creative features on their notebooks such as the two finger scrolling or Front Row. Their new Intel machines have a feature called Boot Camp which allows you to use Windows on an apple. If this feature is perfected and the flexibility of an apple is better (almost non-existant bios), the intel macs will be the machines of the future.

It all comes down to want you want to do with your notebook. If your surrounded by pcs, go with a pc and vice-versa. If you're a gamer, pc. If you work on graphics, music, or videos with the notebook and apples at your workplace, apple is the only way to go. I find editing programs on apple filled with features, though unflexible. I myself am still on the PC side mainly because of it's compatibilty and "able to rip it to pieces and upgrade it"-ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom