Why the hard price??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyDee

Baseband Member
why are apple laptops so expansive??? i mean i saw a iBook on sale for $899, and then i saw a getway for $550 same specs... so why are they so high in cost?? did apple think about ppl that incomely challenged???:money:

They're expensive because they're good. If you buy a Gateway laptop with the same specs as an iBook, you're STILL going to get a crappy Operating System with little or no extra software. With the iBook, you get OS X and iLife which includes all OS X native software available from Apple.

So, you pay more because you get more. Make sense? ;)

This is a very common and annoyingly inaccurate misconception. Apple's laptops are not expensive at all, and are infact priced very competitively. The reason they appear to be so expensive, is because they offer a new range of high-end computers, and a solid mid-ranged class of computers, with absolutely no low-end computers.

Apple isn't going to sell a computer unless it can function correctly without crashing or lagging by performing simple tasks, unlike Dell and other PC prebuilder's low-end models such as HP and Gateway.

You can buy that laptop from Gateway, but the CPU is gauranteed to be literally at least 1/2-3/4 slower than the iBook, and it's going to have 256mb of memory vs. the iBooks 512mb standard, not nearly enough to run Windows XP without lag. Not to mention Apple's laptops have physical video cards, not integrated chips like 99% of the low-mid ranged laptop market.

Also, Mac's can run Mac OSX and Windows XP (both officially supported by Apple) where as PC's can only run Mac OSX.

Brtnboarder495 said:
Also, Mac's can run Mac OSX and Windows XP (both officially supported by Apple)

Incorrect statement. Apple does not support Microsoft Windows in any way. They allow the user to install Windows if the user wishes to, but it is not officially reccomended. ;)

Also, he is referring to an iBook, probably 12" since he mentioned such a low price. iBook's aren't Intellified as of yet, so it only supports OS X.

If you plan on making music, I suggest you look for a used PowerBook G4. I have an iBook G4, and I make music as well and most of the time I really wish I had a little extra power. Just a suggestion. You can still make music on an iBook, but the lack of processor power might be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom