Why don't Windows pick up Mac Server sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilko2maxx

Baseband Member
Just wondering why the hell Windows can't pick up any sites that are hosted on a Macintosh server?

for example my school site
CLICK HERE

My schoool uses macintosh based servers and when i try and look at it at home i get the SHELDOC.DLL message which pi$$es me off!

Can some one please post a solution or reason why windows would do such a thing?

Hmm...my XP box gets the domain alright...the /~awilkins directory can't be found though...are you sure it's correct? If Windows computers could not connect to Mac servers, then Mac OS X Server edition would not sell at all. Apple's done quite a good job with removing platform dependence, actually. Mac OS X Server can host a LAN with a combination of Windows, Mac, and Linux machines. There is definitely a more specific problem here...whether it's the school's server or your computer I'm not sure.

Mac OSX Server can serve webpages to every OS, especially Windows. Apple made Windows compatability a major selling point for its server OS, so if I was to say anything, id say its a poorly managed server, not the server software.

yeah must be a prob with the server (maybe a firewall, cos i know they got one)
try /~awilkins/index.html
see if that works and if it do it is my computer that has the problem.

one more thing if you can see my signature then it my computer thats faulty, cos my sig links staight to the pic on the mac server!

wilko2maxx said:
yeah must be a prob with the server (maybe a firewall, cos i know they got one)
try /~awilkins/index.html
see if that works and if it do it is my computer that has the problem.

one more thing if you can see my signature then it my computer thats faulty, cos my sig links staight to the pic on the mac server!

Sig wont work and no go on the new addie. Still looks like generic server troubles to me.

it might be a firewall allowing only internal network access to that personal account......but than again i kinda have to agree with these guys, it might just be a server problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom