Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
Why are mac computers and notebooks more expensive but have slower processors than new pcs?

it does not matter about the ghz man u should know that with an amd based system.
also it is more expensive well i would tell u but i will let some one like macdude425 mac_mogul,Qiranworms or g5orbust tell u.
they will explain it better than me

Ya I know ghz doesn't matter but a typical windows based laptop is only about 1000$ CAD while a typical mac costs about 2000$

o I was lookin at the future shop canada online store but I think it's a rip off.

I shouldn't even dignify this one with an answer, but I will anyways...

What is a typical Windows based system? What is a typical Mac? "Typical" is an opinionated word. The Mac is more expensive because, arguably, it's better. The operating system is better, the proc beats most x86 CPUs these days, and you get a buttload of software with it. Just tell me the "typical" x86 laptop can do that. And this isn't just the "typical" Mac, it's all of them, even the low end ones.

Which is why I said most. I knew you, or wayne, would fire back with something like this.

Yay, im loved!!!!! :p

Macs are more expensive it seems when you look at the specs because PPC cpu's are more efficient than X86 cpu's. So a 2.5ghz G5 might be equal to a 3.2ghz P4 or a 2.6ghz AMD.

Apple computers run on a "better" os in some peoples opinion so that could be a pro.

Apple computers are not any higher quality than PC's, the components in Apple components are made in the same plants as plain old beige box PC components. However Apple work hard to make everything look all nice and similar so thats where you put your money into.

Personally i wouldnt want my money to go into a fancy looking machine but im not everybody. I find that better specification (eg. GPU, Ram) is more important. However some would like to use the Mac os because of its exceptional stability (but not for its horribly inefficiency server wise) but ofcoarse the myth of Macs being better than PC's at photoshop is completely untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom