What's your opinion on iPhone 5C?

The iPhone 5C looks like an interactive upgrade, though it's nice to see the improved camera specs. I'm pretty excited about the high frame-rate video and what looks to be a reduction in motion blur due to camera shake.

Yea, CM ICS here. Maybe it just likes my finger better?

Idk, my point being in all this. They both scan a finger. Big ****ing deal. Although this isn't a 5s thread, the A7 is much more interesting to talk about. It actually achieves awesomeness. Almost literally double the performance on all benchmarks.

iPhone A7 Chip Benchmarks: Forget the Specs, It Blows Everything Away

It's hard to believe that the 1.3GHz dual core A7 is 22% faster than the 1.9GHz Quad Snapdragon 600 in the S4.

I wonder how the 5S stacks up to the Note 3... Although at 5.7" the Note 3 seems more like a tablet than a phone to me.

iPhone 5C with a vibrant, lively interface and new features that take full advantage of the technology inside, iOS 7 is made for iPhone 5c on every level. The bright colours also make the iPhone 5C look a bit childish. It's polycarbonate exterior makes it less smashable.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be interesting to see if Apple keep the trend of a 'C' phone each year. Maybe we will see an iPhone 6C with the same specs as the iPhone 5S?

I would think Apple keeps the 5C and 5S when the 6 arrives and they would drop the 4S from the lineup making the 5C the "freebie" phone.

It will be interesting to see if Apple keep the trend of a 'C' phone each year. Maybe we will see an iPhone 6C with the same specs as the iPhone 5S?

I doubt you will see a C model again. It sold less than Apples expectations. Orders were cut just weeks from release, orders for the 5S however were increased.

I think it is more to do with the fact that the 5C is priced too close to the 5S while clearly being the cheaper, inferior product. It's still a £449 phone, and yet you get last years specs. It may have done better for something like £399, or even £349.

I doubt you will see a C model again. It sold less than Apples expectations. Orders were cut just weeks from release, orders for the 5S however were increased.

I think it is more to do with the fact that the 5C is priced too close to the 5S while clearly being the cheaper, inferior product. It's still a £449 phone, and yet you get last years specs. It may have done better for something like £399, or even £349.

Agreed. It needed a price that was at least 200 cheaper than the 5s. Spending a small amount extra on the 5s makes sense because it will be good for at least a year longer than that 5c in terms of software updates and such.

In the case of the 5C, I think the rumor machine is what killed it. Rumors flew for months about a "cheap" or "watered down" iPhone that would be more anti-iPhone than anything else but what we got was an iPhone 5 with colored plastic. People were ready to buy a brand new low-cost product, but that wasn't what Apple delivered.

The 5C was never meant to be a sales leader or innovator, it was just made to fill the gap between 5S and 4S at the retail level. (Which it did beautifully, I might add)

Kind of disappointing on Apple's part, although I can see that if I was in my early 20s and I was due for an upgrade, the $99 5C would be appealing, so it does make a little bit of sense.

(But in reality, I'm a tech-snob in my late 20's so of course I pre-ordered the 5S don't be stupid.)

In the case of the 5C, I think the rumor machine is what killed it. Rumors flew for months about a "cheap" or "watered down" iPhone that would be more anti-iPhone than anything else but what we got was an iPhone 5 with colored plastic. People were ready to buy a brand new low-cost product, but that wasn't what Apple delivered.

The 5C was never meant to be a sales leader or innovator, it was just made to fill the gap between 5S and 4S at the retail level. (Which it did beautifully, I might add)

Kind of disappointing on Apple's part, although I can see that if I was in my early 20s and I was due for an upgrade, the $99 5C would be appealing, so it does make a little bit of sense.

(But in reality, I'm a tech-snob in my late 20's so of course I pre-ordered the 5S don't be stupid.)

Yep. Tech snobbery comes into it alright! There was no way I was upgrading a 3 year old iPhone 4 to a "new" phone which was essentially a year-old model in disguise. The iPhone 5S was the only model I was ever going to buy.

Mind you many less tech-aware people would prefer the 5C over the 5S purely down to the colour options!

Back
Top Bottom