Whats the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikkon said:
The reason why there are not virus' for mac based systems has nothing to do with Unix. It is a waste of a programers time to write a virus for them. IF (and this is a big if) macs where ever used as widespread as Windows machines then there would be just as many virus'/vanurabilities as windows.
I hear people say this again and again, and I just can't see how it's true. You'd think that in five years of OS X, SOMEONE would have created a virus, maybe just to have the glory of 'I created the first and only Mac OS X virus'. But there hasn't been a single one thus far. Not to say that there can't be, or won't be, but Mac OS X is inherently more secure and less susceptible to malware by design than Windows. If the tables were to turn, I highly doubt we'd see nearly the epidemic of malware that Windows users suffer from today. If there was a direct correlation between popularity and number of security holes, shouldn't Apache be less secure than IIS?

Mac antivirus software, as far as I know, currently exists for three reasons: pre-OS X Macs, the constant 'just-in-case-it-happens-in-the-future' scenario, and to remove viruses from email that could unknowingly be passed on to Windows users (even if they wouldn't affect the Mac itself, they can still be sent from a Mac).

I think mac is just the way to go more laptops which ill probly get. A laptop does everything a desktop can do exept gaming pretty much and gaming is for windows

I'd still wait until January to see what's announced...you wouldn't want to buy a notebook that's upgraded significantly a month later.

Sidious1120 said:
oh no i only have $15 saved up for it so far lol but why not a ipod? im getting one for xmas?

He was referring to the fact that the iPod was significantly upgraded twice in the span of six months. :p For some people, by the time they recieved their iPods, a newer, cheaper one had already come out :eek:

look at it, blue window borders?? (most winblows users' responce -- you can change that) other choices -- ugliest green ever, silver looks OKAY at best, but its still shaped ugly and the window system is unnavigatable, i really cant stand not having expose, i use it nonstop. then there is the winblows 2000/98 type them, UGLY.

if you think its good looking then, well, okay, but when it comes down to it, OS X is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom