What makes a Mac a Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender[OO]

Baseband Member
Is it based simply on the OS being used?

When you use windows on a mac how is it different than a PC?

Are there some major hardware differences between macs and PC's?

Bender[OO] said:
Is it based simply on the OS being used?

When you use windows on a mac how is it different than a PC?

Are there some major hardware differences between macs and PC's?

They have EFI rather then bios.

- Mac's are more "all-in-one" than a PC.
- Mac's, I'll admit, are more stylish.
- Mac's have a different keyboard layout, but you can change the keyboard/mouse.
- Mac's can use Windows XP/Vista, but MacOS would be fun to learn. It's easier than Linux, after all!

talldude123 said:
- Mac's are more "all-in-one" than a PC.
- Mac's, I'll admit, are more stylish.
- Mac's have a different keyboard layout, but you can change the keyboard/mouse.
- Mac's can use Windows XP/Vista, but MacOS would be fun to learn. It's easier than Linux, after all!

The only Mac that is any more "all-in-one" is the iMac. Everything else is a laptop, or a desktop/keyboard/mouse/monitor.

The keyboard layout is slightly different, ALT and the "Windows" key are switched, and the "Windows" key is the Apple key, instead.

they have better hardware design control. with pc's u have like 50 different companies all trying to produce the cheapest (not nec the best) piece of hardware for people to buy with out much concern for the other parts going into the pc. with mac, every piece of harware is designed and controled. This is why macs are smaller and run cooler than virtually all pc's.

look at the mac mini for example. when it first came out it was considered super small. pc makers came out with a competing micro sized tower and mac turns around and makes a smaller one! also consider you cant fit half of the stuff into the pc version, its just not designed well.

My school had one of those. It's pretty nice, duplicates as a CD player when it's turned off. And a hamster wheel would win against it in a race :p

But yeah, poor Emachines..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom