Waiting for application services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
Using firewire, I booted a series of iBook G3's into target disk mode to other already-finished iBook G3's and used carbon copy cloner to transfer all of the applications, settings, restrictions, etc. These are used for elementary students, so I like everything to be universal across the board, as far as settings.

About 10 of them went through perfectly fine. Changing nothing with any others, I had about 5 fail on me. These 5, when they boot up, stick at "Waiting for application services."

How can I fix this?

If its waiting for appliation services I'm going to guess that either those specific services are in use and have to finish what there doing until they take care of the transfer... but if its stuck at that screen I'm also assuming that the services being used won't finish... especially on boot. Sounds like cloning problem... I havn't used carbon copy cloner before but my experience with backup utilities tell me that there not always reliable. I would start over again on the 5 that failed and go from there... see what happens.

I tried opening one of these up with the help of a very detailed tutorial. I figured I could just take the hard drive out and clone it on our cloning machine. I give up. This thing is ridiculous to take apart.

Is there anyway I can fix this using carbon copy cloner? I really need to get these done, and I have such little tolerance for Mac that it's unreal.

I can also suggest re-imaging from a different target disk now that 10 of the 15 work. Or even instead of doing target disk mode... copy the image to a disk and install that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom