Use iPhone as TV

If your TV supports HDMI there is a Lightning to HDMI adapter for 30-50$. I've have used mine a lot. It actually just puts your phone display to video out. So you can do anything from show pictures, show emails, or really anything thats on the screen of your phone goes to the screen of the HDMI capable TV.

So Netflix, Amazon, whatever TV streaming service you use can go right to the TV. Streaming is typically battery intensive so the adapter mentioned above has a place to power your device while using it on the TV.

If your TV supports HDMI there is a Lightning to HDMI adapter for 30-50$. I've have used mine a lot. It actually just puts your phone display to video out. So you can do anything from show pictures, show emails, or really anything thats on the screen of your phone goes to the screen of the HDMI capable TV.

So Netflix, Amazon, whatever TV streaming service you use can go right to the TV. Streaming is typically battery intensive so the adapter mentioned above has a place to power your device while using it on the TV.

OP wants the opposite - the iPhone to be used as the display from some output (in this case a game console).

Oh damn yea I should have read that more clearly.

Then you would need some sort of HDMI interface like a Slingbox. Slingbox is a device that you plug your HDMI into, and connect it to the network. Then use your phone or computer view the video either on your local network or over the internet. Its advertised as a TV on the go. So, as for gaming, the latency from that conversion over the network might make games unplayable.

Also there was a recent update for Slingbox Apps that puts ads all over the place and a lot of customers that bought the box at a few hundred dollars are pissed because they're forced to pay for cable, or their video game, and see ads to even view it... tsk tsk

Last edited:
Damn ads... that was suppose to be the whole point of pay TV in the first place was to get rid of commercials and not have to interrupt shows. Now? Only the "premiums" do that, and they even still have ads, though much more limited than the rest of the networks. Greedy bastards...

/derail

Sorry about that. On with the discussion! :)

Damn ads... that was suppose to be the whole point of pay TV in the first place was to get rid of commercials and not have to interrupt shows. Now? Only the "premiums" do that, and they even still have ads, though much more limited than the rest of the networks. Greedy bastards...

/derail

Sorry about that. On with the discussion! :)

#BBCMasterRace

I use android on Note, and I can mirror it on my TV (Samsung Smart TV)
I don't know if it is possible on iPhone, but Google for any mirroring apps between iOS and TV

Back
Top Bottom