usb wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
is there a usb wifi (a/b/g) dongle that would be compatable with an '05 macbook? I'm pretty sure its a version of OS X
Thanks

those are all for os 10.3+
i've got no clue about macs really, i doubt the person this is for has upgraded their os any time recently but i think its some version of osX. can you go from 10.1 or 10.2 to os10.4 for free? is there an apple page they can direct the laptop to to get patched?

on another note, those are kinda shady brands... i was hoping for something i had heard of before like linksys or netgear, whatever. the lack of reviews makes me warry. this is for a friend in s. korea right now so tech support on a mac that i know nothing about is really hard

I looked at all the usb wi-fi adapters and those are the only ones that said anything about being mac compatible. A few of them didn't say Microsoft or Mac, but I didn't post those. As for upgrading the mac it looks like u can upgrade to the next os for free but I am not sure. Apple - Support - Mac OS

Click on the os u want to upgrade to and then go to the software update on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom