Upgrades?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolboy696

Baseband Member
About 3 months ago i bought a 15-in Powerbook G4... and now they came out with the MacBook Pro... i would love to have the macbook.. is there anyway i can trade this one in or something... i dont want to be stuck with the lesser apple.... any suggestions..

You could sell it on eBay for 3/4 price maybe.

Other than that, there's really nothing else you can do other than stick with your purchase and use your G4.
(this is probably a good idea considering that Apple is still working out bugs with thier Intel Macs, and that only a few software vendors have actually released Macintel support features. Your G4 Powerbook will last you a long while, so you shouldn't worry about having a "lesser" Mac)

I would keep it, like mogul said, they are still working out some problems in the design and most people are waiting for rev. B of the Macbook. The powerbook is still a good desgin and will give you better peformance in certain areas still.

Yea and hopefully this time around they bring back a FW 800 (although it's on it's way out the door) and a DVD x8 drive. I hope they use that new Lithium-Ion Battery technology too. Including the option to add a more powerful video card (such as the mobility X1900 when it's released) would be nice too, but then it may get too thick.

Definitely wait for the second revision ;)

Then trade your old one in if you still want it bad, but really the new Intel macs won't be totally worth it until next year around this time when more software has been converted and it's totally Apple's standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom