U.S. Health Agency Forbids Sensitive Data On MacBooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
After the MacBook Air was hacked in two minutes flat last week, the National Institute of Health has forbid all MacBook owners from storing any sensitive data.

In the wake of a widely publicized security breach that left thousands of patient records exposed, the federal government's National Institutes of Health is forbidding all employees who use Apple's MacBook laptops from handling sensitive data as of Friday, InformationWeek has learned.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

This is just funny. Sad to see such a community brought down to its knees after the Pwn2Own contest. After all the brags of OS X being superior and the commercials talking about how bad Vista is turns out OS X was worse.

This is just funny. Sad to see such a community brought down to its knees after the Pwn2Own contest. After all the brags of OS X being superior and the commercials talking about how bad Vista is turns out OS X was worse.

Haha, just what I was thinking, Mak. Apple has slung enough mud, IMO. Glad to see their arguments aren't as valid as they once claimed, lol.

What'd they expect, there's virtually no resistance for hackers. I'm slightly amused. :)

The hack was was an exploit found in the Safari web browser. It was the same safari exploit that was used to jailbreak and the iphone. So basically if you're using firefox you're fine. I'm pretty sure most mac and pc users use firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom