thinking about getting in 8gb iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
Any reason(s) why I shouldn't?

What are your experiences with them?

I played with my friend's Touch last night, and I fell in love. Some thoughts:

- 8gb of storage is enough for me because I don't need to carry my entire music collection around with me. My tastes/listening moods change from time to time anyways, so I don't mind moving different music around.

- The WiFi is a huge selling point for me. I know the battery doesn't last too long while using WiFi, but I would mostly just be using it for a quick e-mail, Tweet or to look up a restaurant/bar (via the shake app).

- The PDA-like functions are a big point for me too. Calendar, notes, contacts. I've tried to use my Palm PDA, but I can't keep up because it doesn't connect to the internet and the stylus input is a PITA for someone with big hands.

- On that note, the overall interface of the Touch is AWESOME. The touchscreen is superb and the screen looks great.

You need to listen to one before you buy with your headphones. The touches do not have as nice of a "pre" that classic's do.

Otherwise, the interface is the same as my iPhone and its great.

The thing that bugs me about the iPod Touch is the cost. You could buy an iPhone for cheaper in some cases.

But, if you don't have AT&T, and don't like the extra data plan, the touch is fine.

Welcome to the world of the "i"
it's fun in here isn't it molsen? never thought i'd say it, but I found so many useful things to do with my iphone. And only having 8g doesn't limit me in any way. I switch music around constantly and always change around videos. Molsen, check out the various apps too :)

ipod is kicking ***. apps:

tweetie
to do's
urbanspoon
aim
jax2go
nytimes
aroundme
BofA
flickr
fileaid
dictionaire
flashlight
ihandy level
itie
webmd
allrecipes
google earth
izen lite
ambiance

was super handy when I went on vacation to Savannah, GA this past weekend. was able to get good maps, find restaurants, bars, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom