Is there anyway to completely restore one iBook from another iBook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I have 2 iBooks completely identical. One has a formatted drive, while the other is a fresh install.

I don't have any CDs, but I have a firewire cable. Is there any way (using target disk mode) to copy everything over? I've tried carbon copy cloner but I just keep getting a slew of errors about "operation not supported."

Ghost 8 onwards dose it, just bang the drive into a normal PC ghost it to the blank drive mate.

We have a cloning machine. So if I need to, I can just take the HDD's out. The thing is, I need a Sawsall to get the hard drive out of these **** things.

I'm just trying to find a way to clone using firewire...

there isnt realy a way of doing it over firewire or USB mate, you can do it but it still involves taking the drive out of one of the machines an finding a USB / firewire external caddy that's compatable with the cloning software you are using.

All right. Time to bust out the hack saw.

EDIT - sooooo I'm in a really good mood now. After an hour, following a very thorough tutorial, I was able to get the hard drive out... only to find it has some weird proprietary connector that we don't have the attachment for on our cloner.

This is by far the most ridiculous setup in a laptop I've ever seen. I can't wait to figure out how to put this back together.

Jayce post a pic I have a number of goodies here an I might be able to point you in the right direction when i see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom