streaming ALL audio out

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
its really convenient not having to plug in in order to play music through my stereo, i was wondering if there is a way i can do that with all my sounds ... so when i watch DVDs it plays through the stereo and other things like videos and such.

thanks

im not exactly sure what u r tring to do but i have pc and mac shareing same audio to the amp using Y-cable. or if u can get some cheap audio mixer, u can plug all ur audio to that and the mixers stereo out goes to ur amps aux in.

thats not what i mean, i have an airport express base station and i can plug my stereo into it, and play the music through it wirelessly but i can only chose to send audio to it in itunes.

i want to send all my audio through it. so i can like watch a dvd on my bed without any wires and have the sound go through the stereo wirelessly.

eidt: sorry, i didnt realize i was so vague in the first post.

the general said:
thats not what i mean, i have an airport express base station and i can plug my stereo into it, and play the music through it wirelessly but i can only chose to send audio to it in itunes.

i want to send all my audio through it. so i can like watch a dvd on my bed without any wires and have the sound go through the stereo wirelessly.

eidt: sorry, i didnt realize i was so vague in the first post.

o okie..sorry i dunno..mb if u can set the audio out to the air port..
but im pretty sure uve already done that..
o 1 thing, i heard airport express interfare w some cordless phone (2.4Ghz?) is that true?
any way, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

yeah it does, but i have a 5.8 ghz phone. i had a 2.4 ghz phone and any time i would call someone the internet would stop working, but incoming calls didnt bother it, but the phone has all sorts of pops and clicks. this probably happens on most wireless networks. i havent had it have problems with mycell phone but i dont know what frequency its running on.

edit: i cant choose the audio out being airport. i just have built-in speakers and headphone line out when i have headphones plugged in. its like a need another choice there! lol.

heres the problem that i think happens. i think its not sending the AUDIO i think its sending the mp3 to the airpot airtunes thing and its decoding the audio and playing it. so i think its not possible. im hoping someone can clarify this for me. if thats possible then DVDs and videos are possible like this, but games and stuff, no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom