Steve Jobs Confirms Application Kill Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Steve Jobs Confirms Application Kill Switch

After all the controversy last week over the rumor of a “Kill Switch” in Apple's latest firmware update, Steve Jobs has confirmed the fact that the phone has the ability to kill applications remotely but Jobs says he “hopes they wont have to use it.”

Mr. Jobs confirmed such a capability exists, but argued that Apple needs it in case it inadvertently allows a malicious program -- one that stole users' personal data, for example -- to be distributed to iPhones through the App Store. "Hopefully we never have to pull that lever, but we would be irresponsible not to have a lever like that to pull," he says.

I can see the point (I was worng on with my last post on this) with iTunes being synked with your pay pall or credit / debit card, there is one fiasco that Chris Pirllio over at lockergnome has had recently where some one charge 450 UDS to his pay pal in gift cards.

Copy/Paste much? I think it would be better to just quote a part of the article, give the author credit, and paraphrase anything else. A full copy/paste with no credit to the author specifically stated is mere plagiarism. I remember you getting in trouble with an online blogger before. So unless you have permission from these authors/bloggers/writers, to copy and paste their work word for word, I would say you should probably take my advice.

Copy/Paste much? I think it would be better to just quote a part of the article, give the author credit, and paraphrase anything else. A full copy/paste with no credit to the author specifically stated is mere plagiarism. I remember you getting in trouble with an online blogger before. So unless you have permission from these authors/bloggers/writers, to copy and paste their work word for word, I would say you should probably take my advice.

Advice not taken....... http://www.techist.com/forums/f27/boxee-182283/#post1437015

Well there you go. As long as you have permission that works for me. I'd still like to see the original author's name, but if he doesn't require it, that's cool. I just hate seeing a lack of originality in "news" stories. They all lead from one article and pretty much read the same every time. I just think news and journalism would benefit if the articles were all original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom