slow mac

jayinthamel

Solid State Member
hello frens
i have a macbook pro. the antivirus bit defender is also installed.the firewall is also on too.but its lil slow than before.
any suggestions to make the mac fast???
thanks

I can't think of anything other than doing a disk clean and freeing up some RAM. I us "Memory Clean" to free up RAM. It is available for free on the Mac App Store. I also use "Disk Diag" when I need to free up hard drive space. That is also free on the store.

if Antivirus in installed and firewall too, then the only left option to speed up Mac is to clean Mac drive by removing unwanted stuff, duplicate files, junks and caches. Any third party app can be used to clean Mac drive.

Hi I had a similar issue with an iMac and I downloaded smc fan control to increase the CPU speed. That fixed it, although it took a toll on startup times

you just met Microsoft's mortal enemy

I had the same problem, too. I tried to clean up my hard drive, update my OS and use Activity Monitor by myself and made my problem bigger. Don't do anything by yourself if you don't know how. I had to look for professional help and found a service called MyHelpster which really helped me a lot. http://myhelpster.com/
You can also try with MacKeeper if you don't feel like needing experts to help you.

Clean your hard drive and update your OS... as much as simple that it seems it really works.

And if it has a regular spinning disk, upgrade that thing to a solid state. :tongue:

I know this is now a zombie thread, but I don't recommend antivirus software on a Mac. Most of them will slow it down terribly and cause way more problems than they will ever prevent right now. I would say ditch the antivirus and if the unit is faster, you know what the issue was.

If you MUST run an antivirus software, try for something that is light on it's feet. Stay away from MacKeeper. There's a bunch of good reasons for that. Just Google "MacKeeper" and you'll see all kinds of information around why to avoid it. I personally consider this software a piece of malware. It uses scare tactics to make people purchase as well as pop ups. Legit software should never do those things.

If you want to do a good scan now and then, try Adware Medic. It will help keep you clean without having to run into a ton of problems.

Back
Top Bottom