Should I get a Mac or Build a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andydude117

Baseband Member
Ok, so my parents say that they will get me another computer. They say I can either get a new PowerMac G5, or build a PC. I like art and stuff, and my parents say that Macs are better for art or something.

But, if I built a PC, here is some of the stuff it would have:

AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 (socket 940)
ASUS "SK8V" K8T800 Chipset Motherboard
Maxtor Ultra Series Kit 200GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive
2x Crucial Ballistix 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200
EVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card
SAMSUNG SyncMaster 710T-Black 17" LCD Monitor
CREATIVE GigaWorks S750 7.1 Speaker
Sony Internal 16X DVD+R / Double Layer/DVD+RW Drive
LG Electronics 16X DVD-ROM

If I got a Mac, I'd get the 2.0 or 2.5 Ghz one.

What do you think I should get?

That PC looks mighty fine. The G5 is great and may outperform that PC by a narrow margin, but what youd get with that PC as an overall package is probably a better value than the G5. The PC can do the art stuff as well as the G5 can. Photoshop runs pretty well on both platforms, though Photoshop for Mac has version 7.0.1 that is more optimized for the G5.

While its up to you in the end, that PC sounds like much more bang for the buck (assuming what you have there is compared with a stand alone G5 2.5GHz) and thus I suggest the PC. If youd get the same stuff (1GB RAM, 200GB HD, 17" LCD, etc.) on the G5, then go for the G5.

try to get the g5, but for games the pc would run better, but what about those mac monitors, sooooo expensive, macs adobe, and macromedia software run really well on macs, much better than on pc's, plus mac's wonderful os, panther

Definitly get the Mac G5 if your into art. I'm taking classes in this kind of work and using the programs on the Mac is so much more easier than the PC. Easy to organize, easy to find stuff, and if you need help with some programs and commands I got your back.

sry. i just find pc's to be more logical in software and have the most compatibility with.....well.....anything!

Get the G5 if you're into Art. It's the best way to go. I'm a Web/Graphics Designer, I know. :)

I've built two custom PC's in the past, although PC's may be more convinient, I'm in love with macs.

My next computer is gonna be a mac for sure.

"Electronic Arts..."

Macs are allot more worthy of graphics desing than PCs. And i'd hate to say that, but if you're an artist, (I make Video games,) Windows is an Operating System You're not going to like. Believe me; no artist in their right mind would. :( :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom