Should I get a mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ou can build a mac at home its illegal due to the end user statement but possible. I run Mac find it annoying prefer linux and windows just becaus those are the interfaces I am used to. MAC crashes and costs a premium just because "its a mac" I see nothing from mac that is new or original the computers are better then most windows retail machine both in aesthetics and ease of use but in the home builders and modders market it is way behind in hardware and case design

The Macs I work with in the editting room crash occasionally. Not often, but more than my PC on Window or Linux. Sometimes a program will just close...it doesn't even say anything...and I don't know enough about Mac to troubleshoot the problem. Very annoying. These are Imacs, though. The high powered editting labs run PCs with avid.

In reguards to the 10k mac, has anyone priced out a 30" apple display? Those things are hella expensive, and i'd assume when the guy bought them they were even more expensive. Personally i'll never own a mac because apple refuses to put more than 1 freaking button on the mouse.

Haha, yeah, the Imacs I work on have the one button...though some the big macs (forget what they're called, tower ones) have the multi-button mouses on them.

I always try to click like a pc mouse...and it doesn't work..I have to push down...it drives me insane.

In reguards to the 10k mac, has anyone priced out a 30" apple display? Those things are hella expensive, and i'd assume when the guy bought them they were even more expensive. Personally i'll never own a mac because apple refuses to put more than 1 freaking button on the mouse.
Apple - Mighty Mouse

Or just suck it up and buy a cheap Logitech or something. You can use two buttons in OS X, you know.

Apple - Mighty Mouse

Or just suck it up and buy a cheap Logitech or something. You can use two buttons in OS X, you know.
Hah, yeah, a one-button mouse would be terrible...but not because of the one button-because of the lack of scrolling capabilities! The above mouse solves this, though...:laughing:

People should stop trying to compare them, though. (Mac vs Windows vs Linux)...it's preference, and 99% what you're used to. They can all get most'o the jobs done.

Linux) They can all get most'o the jobs done.

Yes, but why spend more than 1k on an Imac when you get the same exact performance on a win based pc or w/linux for less than $600? Also, a lot of people just use a computer to get on the net, email, word....To spend 1k just for that is dumb

Yeah, I know a -lot- of mac users who do nothing but listen to music and surf the web on their $2k Macs...

Holy **** the mighty mouse costs $70...there's no way I'd spend that on a mouse. I got my Microsoft Comfort Keyboard and Mouse for $35 on woot and I felt terrible for spending that, heh.

I'm a cheap *******, though.

I want to make a mock meth pc for macs.

"I suck yo **** for a mighty mouse! Mac Mini and we go back to my place!"

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom