Screen Troubles...Powerbook G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolboy696

Baseband Member
I recently broke the screen of my PowerBook G4 1.67 15-inch. I ordered a replacement screen off of ebay because i didnt feel like spending the $1200 price tag on one from Apple. Ive noticed though that i screen i ordered is from a Powerbook G4 15-inch Double-Layer SD. And it looks like the two wires on the left side of the screen are different from the screen i have. One mine i have one thes farly long and goes acorss the side of the laptop and to the front. I have another that is shorter and connects by the screen. What are the function of those wires and will i be alright replacing the screen with this one. Oh and i forgot to mention the screens also have different resolutions. I really hope that doesnt matter but i doubt it will. But i need to know about the wires. Anything would be helpful. Thanx

Well, first off I hope you didn't spend TOO much on your replacement screen...
And secondly you really shouldn't have bought a screen that wasn't exactly like the one you had.
Third, There is a good chance that this new screen will not work at all
and Fourth, You might as well send it to Apple and just pay the price since you've probably already dug yourself a hole as it is :(

So... good luck. :confused:
I don't think there's anyone who frequents this forum who knows how to replace mac laptop screens.

mac_mogul said:

So... good luck. :confused:
I don't think there's anyone who frequents this forum who knows how to replace mac laptop screens.

If I were you I would try to find a dedicated mac forum to ask your question on. Sorry we couldn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom