Screen Shots in OS9

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMT

In Runtime
Hey.

I took some screen shots in college today on an Apple Macintosh G3, running OS9. I used the Apple+Shift+3 command to take full resolution screen shots.

I saved them on to my USB memory stick, and I've now brought them home.

I use a PC here, and for some reason, the files don't seem to have an extension. I re-named them to *.jpg to see if that would solve it, but they still won't open.

Does anybody have any ideas? Have they been saved in a Mac-only format?

Thanks.
TMT.

On a USB memory stick, Mac's save more than one file for pictures. There might be a file with the same NAME as the picture you saved, but there are usually two files with the name. This is true with MY memory stick anyway. So check your memory stick for an actual image file. I'm pretty sure OS9 saved screenshots as .jpg, but I haven't used OS 9 in so long I can't remember.

Thanks for your reply.

A friend and I figured it out. Since the files had no extensions, we first re-named them to *.jpg, but it didn't work. So we then renamed them to *.png. This gave us a thumbnail preview in the new equivalent of SimpleText (which is odd). So, we then used the Automator to batch convert these *.png renamed files from their current format to JPEG.

Let's just say I'm a happy man! Heh.

Also! I can't believe that there's been no action in this section of the forum since I posted this! Come on Mac dudes and dudettes! More discussion is needed! Throw some technical reviews out there, or something!

Thanks.
TMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom