School in Richmond selling $50 iBooks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bah... its really not worth the 50 bucks unless you are really really desperate for a G3 iBook. I'm guessing that these are rotm 500mhz G3's with CD ROM drives and 20gb hard drives. It says they have 320mb of ram, so thats, erm... okay... *320 means that the laptop's original mem size was 64mb, and they added 256mb*
Not to mention the 12 inch screen... and the pathetic 16mb GFX card (est, these might actually be 32mb models, but highly unlikely)
Since they're school laptops, I'm thinking they are running dual boot with 10.1.x and 9.2.x.

Wow, I read through this before I clicked post, and these *if I assume correctly on the specs* are exactly like my first iMac G3: 500mhz, 320mb, 20gb, 16mb. Pretty good back in the day, but worthless now :)

I would be usefull 4 people who want to just have a laptop to surf the internet like me I just like, being on the sofa listening to tunes and on the internet I would not need any thing else in the laptop.

I want one!!!, I would love to have an ibook, the only mac I have is an old powerpc with mac os 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom